Radio Phoenix™ resolves to be the preeminent media source for local arts, cultural, information and music content in central Arizona.
Radio Phoenix™ exists to enrich the lives of central Arizonans through educational, insightful and stimulating programming that reflects the unique character of the Valley of the Sun while connecting us with our neighbors in the larger global community.
Radio Phoenix™ operates in support of the goals of our parent organization, Arizona Community Media Foundation.
Specifically, our operations support:
• Long-term development of a comprehensive public access media system serving the Valley and central Arizona;
• Media literacy training and public access to production equipment for the creation and distribution of local content, including news and public affairs programs exploring issues often ignored by traditional media outlets; and
• Opportunities for cooperative management via volunteer service, including appointments to standing committees, station staff positions, our community advisory board and the board of directors.
The programming department at Radio Phoenix™ exists to facilitate the acquisition and development of quality, innovative content that furthers the station's mission.
To that end, we seek programs that:
• Document the unique history and cultural heritage of central Arizona;
• Increase public access to progressive ideas, viewpoints and issues;
• Respect the rich diveristy of our local and global community;
• Provide news coverage of underrepresented groups;
• Showcase work by local and independent artists, musicians and other creative personalities; and
• Encourage the educational, artistic and experimental uses of radio.